Thursday, May 17, 2007

Coconut cake

Since I was asked for this recipe (photo in previous post), I thought I'd share it with everyone because it is so yummy! This is a slight adaptation from the winter 2005 issue of Kraft Food and Family. (If you're not already signed up for this fabulous free resource, take advantage today by signing up on the Kraft website. Thanks to Kendra and Monica for telling me about it!)

Classic Coconut Cake

1 box yellow cake mix
2 c. coconut, divided
1 c. cold milk
1 4 oz. package instant vanilla pudding mix
1/4 c. powdered sugar
1 8 oz. tub whipped topping

Prepare cake batter as directed on package; stir in 2/3 cup of coconut. Pour evenly into 8 or 9-inch round cake pans. Bake as directed on box. Cool completely.

Pour milk into medium bowl. Add pudding mix and powdered sugar. Beat with wire whisk until well-blended; mixture will be thick. Gently stir in whipped topping. Refrigerate 15 minutes.

Place 1 cake layer on plate or stand; spread top with 1 cup of the pudding mixture. Sprinkle with 2/3 cup coconut; cover with second cake layer. Spread top and sides with remaining pudding mixture; press 2/3 cup coconut into top and sides. Refrigerate at least one hour before serving.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love pulling this magazine from my mailbox each month!! The pictures are fabulous, making it easy to pick out new things to try! Another quick tip...I often go to the Kraft website to read reviews before I make the recipes and people frequently give tips to make it just a little better!

- Kendra

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I got to enjoy a piece of this cake during my recent visit -- yummy! :)

Love, Mom