Friday, May 11, 2007

Lovin' from the oven

My husband and I live on a college campus (what a unique experience!), and it's graduation weekend here, so I've been reflecting on my own commencement 6 years ago.

As a graduation gift, my mom gave me a homemade cookbook with favorite family recipes. Such a great idea--I use it often! I got the book out this morning and my mouth started watering upon seeing the poppy seed bread recipe. It's currently in the oven, and smelling delicious!

Here's to the graduates of '07!

3 c. flour
1 1/2 t. baking powder
3 T. poppy seeds
1 1/4 c. oil
1 1/2 t. vanilla
2 c. sugar (I use slightly less)
3 eggs
1 1/2 c. milk
1 t. almond flavoring

Simple, simple, simple: Combine all ingredients, and bake in 2 greased loaf pans for 55 minutes at 350 degrees.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I may just have to come home from the office and taste that lovin from the oven in a couple hours!!

Eric

Anonymous said...

Hi, Carrie -- I was thinking about this recipe just this week! I can just smell them baking. :)

Enjoy!

Love, Mom