Thursday, May 17, 2007

Prayer and pantry shower

A friend of mine is due in a few weeks with her third baby. Though it's not usually customary, in my opinion, to give a shower after a first child, in this instance I wanted to do something to bless my friend and her family.

My sister hosted a "shower" a couple of years ago for a friend expecting her fourth baby. Ladies from the church came together to pray and have a devotional on motherhood.

For our little gathering the other night, we kept it simple. In lieu of games, we spent time praying for the honored mom. Gifts were practical items to stock their pantry--diapers, wipes, baby toiletries, etc. With two little ones already in tow, hopefully we can prevent a few of those late-night store runs for baby necessities!

I gave a cute basket (that can be used in the baby's room) filled with diapers and a tube of Balmex diaper rash ointment. (Thanks to my dear friend Rebecca for a similar gift when it was my turn!)

My friend was so grateful for this shower, and the effort on my part was minimal.

2 comments:

thehomespunheart said...

Plus, think how meaningful this was to her too! Great job - sounds neat, wish I could have gone! :)

(((((HUGS)))))) sandi said...

I really needed this, because I'm getting ready to help with a shower for someone's fifth baby! (((((HUGS))))) sandi