Tuesday, May 15, 2007

A work of "heart"


I decided to make a coconut cake for a baby shower I'm co-hosting this evening. The picture in the magazine where I got the recipe looked fabulous. Mine is a little more lumpy--needless to say, I do not plan to become a professional baker anytime soon. The hardest part was trying to coat the sides with coconut--how does one do this gracefully?! I ended up kind of tossing the coconut at the sides of the cake, making a game out of seeing how much would stick. The other humorous thing is that, according to the recipe, this little cake will produce 18 servings. Yeah, right. I have a feeling our little pack of 6 will make quite a dent in this tonight!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carrie -- from this photo, I'd say your cake looks fabulous, too! Enjoy eating it and the fellowship at the baby shower. :)

Love, Mom

Linda said...

You cake looks wonderfully yummy and pretty, too!! Hope you all have a great time tonight!!

thehomespunheart said...

Carrie - your cake looks great! Hope the shower was fun!!

carrie said...

Thanks, ladies! I admit it does look pretty good in the photo--I must say that it was delicious!

Mrs. U said...

Holy moly this looks GOOD!!! Would you happen to have the recipe handy??

His,
Mrs. U