Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Works for Me Wednesday: Cutting energy costs

Click here for lots of great ways to reduce your home energy consumption, and therefore your utility bill. You can also download a checklist to encourage you to apply some of these easy tips!

Examples include using warm water instead of hot for washing clothes, not pre-rinsing dishes before putting them in the dishwasher and using natural lighting (skylights, windows, etc.)

Saving energy and money works for me! Go to Rocks in My Dryer for lots of great ideas!

2 comments:

thehomespunheart said...

Great ideas here! I was pleased to note that we already do a few of them, though there is still HUGE room for improvement! :)

Anonymous said...

Carrie,

Have you used the flourescent light bulbs in any of your lamps or light fixtures? I recently bought one to try in a living room lamp -- and I was disappointed. I don't know if I didn't buy the right thing, but it isn't bright enough to read by. Any ideas what I did wrong?

Love you!
Mom