Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Works for Me Wednesday: Photo greetings

I originally found this idea here, and we thought this would make super-fun wedding thank you notes. (You can see a similar example of what we did here.) So many people commented on--and even saved--our thank you notes, that we have applied this idea on other occasions.

When we went in for our gender-revealing ultrasound appointment, I made a reversible sign that we could use accordingly. When we discovered we were having a son, we asked the technician to take our picture holding the sign saying, "It's a boy!" Then we e-mailed the photo to our friends and family to announce our news. So much fun!

I don't want to use this idea so much that it loses its effect, but couldn't resist taking the picture shown here to send to my father-in-law for his recent birthday. Needless to say, it was a hit!
The other thing I like about these homemade photo cards is that this cost me less than a quarter to make (beating out even the 99-cent Hallmarkcards), so not only am I sending a more personalized greeting, I'm also saving money. That works for me!
You can find other great tips at Rocks in My Dryer!

4 comments:

myheartisalwayshome said...

So clever! Megan's 1st Birthday is not far off. I will have to borrow this idea. Thanks!

Liam's Mom - Gina said...

I love it! Such a great idea... and so cute!

thehomespunheart said...

This is a great idea!!! I loved the "It's A Boy" announcement and this one is just as cute! :)

Kristin said...

Since I am now with the recipient of the birthday card, I can attest to the fact that is was well-received. It's on display, but only after it was taken with him to work to show off to his co-workers! Nice work, Carrie!