Tuesday, May 8, 2007

You can buy "forever" for 41 cents

So the postage stamp rate is increasing again on May 14. Of course I have an entire unused book of 39-cent stamps, so I just got back from a trip to the good old P.O. to get some 2-cent stamps. My sister had mentioned that there is a new "forever stamp"--I'm not entirely sure of the utility of such a product, but I bought a book anyway (at 41 cents apiece), as our post office is not yet selling any other 41-cent stamps.

Just a heads-up for those of you who still send snail mail, as I do.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carrie,

Funny you should mention that - I made a trip to the post office myself today and bought a book of the new 41 cent stamps! The lady asked me if I wanted that or the 39 cent book - figured I may as well "bite the bullet" and buy the new ones already!

Happy blogging!
Michelle from MI

Linda said...

Thanks for the reminder. I still have a few 39 cent ones and need to get some 2 cents and also 41 cents.

thehomespunheart said...

Thanks for the info - I'm headed to the PO this morning!

Anonymous said...

I was planning to buy some of these stamps today also. We'll see if the idea of the "forever stamp" turns out to be a good one.

I still want to send out mail because I also like to receive mail!

Love you, Mom