Friday, June 8, 2007

Sun "bleach"

A couple of weeks ago on Works for Me Wednesday (I'm so sorry I don't remember who posted this and was unable to find it), I saw a tip about getting out, um, unsightly baby stains. Since the solution was free and natural, I thought it was certainly worth a try. One morning this week I took a white lap pad with a large offensive spot and set it out on the porch to soak up some sunlight. When I brought it inside in the afternoon, I was amazed--the stain was almost completely gone, with no effort of mine! I plan to set it out on another sunny day just to see if the stain goes away completely, but a huge improvement was made.

Maybe some of you were already aware of this, but I'm glad to make the discovery!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning, Carrie --

This post reminded me of doing the same thing with baby things back when it was my turn to get out "unsightly" stains. :)

Another thing I sometimes did was add lemon juice to the stain before setting out in the sun -- not free, but a natural "extra."

Thanks for sharing -- a good reminder of a powerful resource!

Have a great day! Love you, Mom

Mary Ann said...

I do this with old linens, too. Works wonders!

Kara said...

I've also heard that sunlight is great for pillows too. Apparently sunlight also fluffs up pillows. But this is an untested theory, I have no first hand experience to back this up. Who knows.