Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Wise words

Last night I was reading the first chapter of Proverbs and many words stood out to me in the first 7 verses--I so want to strengthen these qualities in my life!

"The proverbs of Solomon son of David, king of Israel: for attaining wisdom and discipline; for understanding words of insight; for acquiring a disciplined and prudent life, doing what is right and just and fair; for giving prudence to the simple, knowledge and discretion to the young--let the wise listen and add to their learning, and let the discerning get guidance--for understanding proverbs and parables, the sayings and riddles of the wise. The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline."

3 comments:

Joy said...

I want those qualities in my life too! I'm just glad the Lord is gracious, and that His mercies are new every morning until I have more of those qualities!
Blessings,

thehomespunheart said...

I want these things too. I've been hooked on Proverbs lately. I have started my day reading the Proverb that matches the date of the day (today read the 14th chapter). What a challenging way to start my day!

Tracy said...

I started Proverbs the other day, too! I wrote down lots of verses in my journal but I really like this one:
Prov. 2:3-5 Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up they voice for understanding, if thou seekest her as silver and searchest for her as hid treasure then shalt thou understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God.