Thursday, July 19, 2007

Gaining and losing wisdom

In my first year as the director of a woman's dorm, I found myself constantly praying for wisdom. Walking with students through difficult issues required that I rely on the Lord for strength. Now in my first year of motherhood, I have the same desire--and need--for wisdom. There are so many decisions to make! May I, as Solomon did, choose wisdom above other things.

"Choose my instruction instead of silver, knowledge rather than choice gold, for wisdom is more precious than rubies, and nothing you desire can compare with her." Proverbs 8:10-11

As much as I want to gain wisdom, tomorrow morning I will actually be losing it--in the form of two teeth. (I wonder why they're even called wisdom teeth, but whatever.) Recuperating this weekend will hopefully include catching up on all of your blogs from when I was on vacation, but I probably won't write again until Monday. =)

When I mentioned to my husband my anxiety about the pain of having teeth pulled, he reminded me that I'VE HAD A BABY. Well, that's a good point. I can do all things through Him who gives me strength!

8 comments:

Leah in Iowa said...

I'll be thinking about you tomorrow, and praying that "everything comes out alright". =) Just do exactly as they tell you for after-care, and you'll do fine. Promise. Post again when you can.

Susan said...

Will be praying. I understand your anxiety. You will do just fine and heal great!

thehomespunheart said...

Hey Carrie - I know you'll do fine. I thought you had to have out all four, so two seems a bit easier... Love you.

MyHeartIsAlwaysHome said...

You'll be fine. A couple hours after I had mine pulled I was ready to go. Enjoy your weekend of relaxation.

Anonymous said...

What a great post about wisdom! :) I've always wondered why they are called wisdom teeth, too! You're in my thoughts and prayers this morning -- I'll check with you later today to see how you're doing!

Love and prayers -- Mom

Kara said...

Prayers for you!
Annalise leaves for Norway on Sunday (so prayers for her) and she has big news about a BOY ... but you didn't hear it from me.

Mary Ann said...

I just went yesterday for my consultation-I'm getting all four of my wisdom teeth taken out. So I understand your anxiety. Hope it went well!

A, B & C said...

I have to have surgery on two teeth with advanced gum disease (developed during pregnancy) when we visit the US in the fall. You're husband is so right- we've had babies- we can take it!
I'm sure it went just fine and we'll be excited to hear how easy it was when you get back to us this week. Until then, give yourself a break and take it easy (if that's possible as a mother).
Abbey :-)