Tuesday, August 7, 2007

And so it begins . . .

If you have just started reading my blog, you may not know that we live on a college campus. My husband oversees housing and discipline at a small Christian liberal arts school, and our house is smack-dab in the middle of the action. It's a very unique living situation, but we enjoy it--mostly =). During the year, we get phone calls and visitors at all hours of the night and day. But we also have many opportunities to offer hospitality--which, for me, is the best part. Plus, we have open access to all kinds of amazing events put on by students--plays, concerts and crazy activities.

Tonight it all gets started. As I write this, I am waiting for the first of six teams to arrive at our house to pick up a "clue" from me. This year's resident assistants are kicking off training with an event modeled after The Amazing Race. It's so fun to see the stuff they come up with!

I started blogging in May so didn't have much to write about it terms of this aspect of our lives, but I'm sure there will be much material in coming months!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can just picture people coming in and out -- enjoy! :)
Love, Mom

Lisa said...

let the new year begin!!! enjoy all that comes to the little white house this year :)

thehomespunheart said...

You are so good at the hospitality that comes your way - I'm thankful for those who give you the opportunity to be hospitable and for the gracious hospitality they receive in your home!

Mrs. U said...

What a blessing to be living there!! College age ladies and gentlemen are at such a neat time in their lives- time to grow up!! How wonderful that you are there to be able to set a godly example!

His,
Mrs. U

Leah in Iowa said...

So how did the "amazing race" go? I used to love that show until they brought in such weird "couples" ~ then I quit watching. =( Hope you update your post! I'm just now catching up from last week.