Friday, August 3, 2007

Clothes closet dividers

Several times while organizing the clothes in my son's closet, I have thought it would be nice to have some kind of label to divide various sizes. A few days ago I was reading a baby magazine and saw a blurb about a set of closet dividers--only $10 for 6. Well, that motivated me to make my own. I rummaged through my crafty supplies, and my eye caught a wonderful solution.

In my swap box, Alex had included some orange and yellow paint chips shaped like Mickey Mouse ears. (They're from the Disney line by Behr and can be picked up from Home Depot.) Using the magazine photo as a guide, I made a sample and tweaked it before making a set of seven for free.

It took me less than 15 minutes to make and hang them, and I am pleased with how they turned out. A cheap, cute, and practical organizing tool--I'm all for that!

14 comments:

thehomespunheart said...

Great use of your resources! And, what an easy and simple way to divide N's clothes! :) Great job!

Leah in Iowa said...

Such a great idea for a time when they seem to whiz through the sizes so quickly! =)

~ Leah

mer said...

What a great idea...aren't you clever?

My kids are older, but I'm thinking of making a set of general dividers for my girls closet to help them keep things organized (pants, skirts, tops, dresses, etc.).

Thanks for passing your idea along!

groovyoldlady said...

Those are cool!

Just wanted you to know that I got my package. The homemade birthday book is wonderful!

I posted pics and your link on my blog.

Thanks so much for the great prize!

A, B & C said...

What a great idea... and so cute too! I love baby clothes and knowing I get to fold them makes me want to do laundry. And I hate laundry!

Anonymous said...

Fun, practical, and free -- can't beat that! Great idea! :)

Love, Mom

Susan said...

Great idea! Do you have any ideas for folded clothes. We don't have closets:( I have to clean my drawers every week because of limited space and JR grows so quickly.

Jody said...

Such a quick and easy idea!

Jill@Who Could Ask for Anything More said...

I saw those for sale, too and thought they were so neat. What a great idea to make your own!

MyHeartIsAlwaysHome said...

Very clever!

What Works For Us said...

LOVE IT! Very clever!

Brittani's Holding Little Hands said...

I love this idea. Thanks for sharing!

Mason said...

Very, very cute! I'm going to do the same thing! Thanks for the idea!

Lily's Mama said...

so cute! my only question is: how do you get them around the bar? do they have slits in them somewhere?