Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Information overload

I have always like to read and to learn new things. This can be an asset, but it can also make my brain very tired!

A few years ago my department at the college read this book. From taking the inventory, I learned that my top strength (according to their list) is Input. A basic summary of their description is that I am inquisitive, I find many things interesting, I read to add information to my "archives," and I like to collect things. Yep, all true.

But with this quest for knowledge, I find that there are more blogs and books and articles than I have time and energy for. When I started my blog a few months ago, I listed just a few sites I was checking regularly and posted a selection of books I wanted to read this year. Well, my blogroll is growing steadily, and I have a marker in 6 different books right now, only one of them being on my original list. (I decided to remove the list of books from my blog because every time I see it I feel guilty that I've allowed other titles to surpass them. =) )

Anybody else on information overload?!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh yeah, I'm like that too. I looooove to read, both non fiction and fiction. And as for the blogging thing....my blogroll has gotten out of hand. But, I can't delete any, because they're all my blog friends! LOL
Hope you're having a good week!
God bless :)

Theresa said...

Absolutely!! I don't even know the number of blogs I read ... I usually can't get through google reader in one day. I'm trying to get better about leaving comments. I didn't used to because it took even more time then!! LOL I also love to read books ... but only at night, just before I go to sleep. :o)

mer said...

Yes, I'm feeling overloaded these days too. I can barely keep up with all the papers my kids bring home from school, much less my blogroll and my reading list. Summer (translated down time for me) is definitely over!

Jody said...

My blog roll gets larger & larger. I have guilt over not commenting enough. But I stop by...

AS for books- I have 4 going right now. And 3 magazines.

And not enough time for all of it!

Leah in Iowa said...

I am trying to keep my bloglines to 25, which I feel is manageable for me. However, I have about 20 saved in my favorites called "Blogs to Check Out More". I am SO cheating!! =(

Started a new book on vacation, and am reading Anne of Green Gables to the girls, so the books are manageable at this point as well.

~ Leah