Monday, August 20, 2007

Simplicity score

I occasionally watch a PBS show called Simple Living with Wanda Urbanska. While perusing Wanda's website, I noticed she offers a survey that "scores" simplicity. It's an intriguing exercise, though the results are not detailed. For example, my score was 4.76--but there was no explanation of what the score means. (I guess they were trying to keep it simple!)

According to the site, simple living is defined as "a self-endorsed pattern of activities, possessions and values that is substantially free of detractions from fulfillment and sufficiency, fostered by conducive social policies."

What does simple living mean to you?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carrie, I love your blog name... "With all that I've been given." It speaks of simple living in itself. One thing Simple living means to me is living in contentment everyday, just simply living b/c we've been given life to enjoy it. You have the creative mind it takes to have a blog... how fun. :) Amanda

Anonymous said...

Dear Carrie,

I completed this survey and my score was 4.63 -- not far off from your score -- whatever it means! :)

Love, Mom

thehomespunheart said...

Mine was 5.06 - which means you and Mom are probably harder on yourself in answering than I was because I think you both live more simply than I do! :)