Thursday, August 2, 2007

A special treat


Ever since we discovered each other's blogs, and that we live in the same corner of Iowa, Leah and I have been e-mailing back and forth. I have really enjoyed getting to know her this way, but yesterday was even more fun as we got to meet in person for the first time!

I wish we could have had a longer visit, but I really enjoyed getting together. And I'm embarassed to admit, I "tricked" Leah into buying my drink. =) I was concerned about getting home in time for my son to wake from his nap, and I walked out the door without paying for my raspberry iced tea--it didn't even cross my mind until later in the day. So thanks, Leah, for the treat!

I'm just curious--we've all been blessed to meet people through blogging, but I'd love to hear from others who have arranged to meet a blogging friend in person!

8 comments:

Leah in Iowa said...

It was so much fun to meet you in person, Carrie! You were just as sweet as I thought you'd be! And don't worry about the tea ~ you spent way more in gas money to get there than I did. Besides, where can you get a fairly tall glass of raspberry tea for just 75 cents? =)

~ Leah

Jody said...

Meritt (www.coffeetalking.com)and I started reading each other's blogs when she was moving to Iowa. We are both in suburbs of Des Moines and her youngest daughter is our favorite babysitter.

dhuntman said...

Hi Carrie,

I am a quiet observer of your blog, I love reading it!!! I love your sisters as well!!! I was absolutely delighted when I read about the SISTER SWAP!!! I would LOVE to sign up and participate, however I have tried a couple of times to do so through your e-mail address and I am having trouble!!! I have no clue how to get my message sent after typing it!!! I'm not really good at e-mails, I'm sorry. Please help!!! My e-mail address is: dhuntman@sbcglobal.net

I hope you get this message, sorry I had to post it here!!! I hope you can help!! Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Susan said...

That is great you guys got to meet. What fun, I haven't met anyone yet through blogging. But I just started, so you never know!

Lisa said...

Oh how fun!

thehomespunheart said...

Carrie - so glad it worked out! And, haven't I been to that little location where you met?!

I've met Chrissy from Winterpast at a nearby mall. But, amazingly enough - I've met several people at MY CHURCH through having a blog! One lady came up to me recently and said, "Do you have a blog called The Homespun Heart?!"

Small world, this blog-land!

Anonymous said...

What a blessing from blogging! :)
Love, Mom

(((((HUGS))))) sandi said...

I LOVE the pic of y'all! I have met internet people IRL and have thankfully had really positive experiences.

Please tell me about the Confessions blog? I haven't clicked on that one myself! LOL! (((((HUGS))))) sandi