Friday, August 10, 2007

The "un-list"

I make lists of everything--gifts to buy, people to call, ongoing projects, recipes to try, etc. Lately, however, I've been thinking about "un-listing" when it comes to daily tasks. Too often I take the time to write "water plants" or "call for an appointment" on a piece of paper instead of just doing it. I've never participated in the blog carnival "Tackle it Tuesday," but when I see the logo on other blogs, it motivates me to make more of an effort, especially for jobs I tend to put off. Now if I notice something needs to be cleaned or taken care of, I'm trying to get it done right then. (Not profound, I know, but it's making a difference for me!)

Of course, this subject makes me think of Megan's recent post ("Why I Get Nothing Done"), which I could totally identify with. But hey, we all have to start somewhere, right?

5 comments:

thehomespunheart said...

I used to live by my daily to-do list and haven't made one in a week. I've gotten about the same amount accomplished because I've been adopting the tackle-it attitude as well. So far, it is working and helping. I could relate to Megan's post as well! :)

Anonymous said...

I still have to make lists -- usually for things to get done on Saturday! But one thing I have found helpful (adapted from the Fly Lady) is to have a set day for certain things -- like Wednesday is Desk Day (paying bills, writing letters, filing, etc.) and Thursday is Errand Day (I go to the bank, post office, and library during my lunch hour and to the grocery store on my way home). Thursday is also Crock Pot day so when I get home from work and the grocery store, supper is ready!

Whatever works!

Love you, Mom

Joy@Joy in the Journey said...

I think I'm somewhere in the middle...
Blessings,
Joy

Laane said...

I don't use lists. I do what needs to be done as far as I can.
My only lists are those for paperwork, sometimes, and who needs a mail or call.

What Works For Us said...

uh-oh i have the same problem and can totally relate!! ;-) If I didn't write it down, I'd forget it.