Thursday, August 30, 2007

"We were all in there together"

I'm sure most of you have heard of this movie, even if you haven't seen it, but I don't know that anyone had the same viewing experience I did! Saturday night, at 9:00, I dragged my gettin' sleepy self over to the lounge of one of the women's dorms on our campus. Over 200 ladies crowded together with pillows and sleeping bags to watch the premiere of this much-anticipated sequel. Cheesy, yes. But I haven't laughed that hard in a long time, mostly because the energy in the room was so high and the women were so into it. I didn't get home until 11:30, which reminded me of when I was in college--or at least before I had a baby!

The post title is a spoof of one of the songs from the original movie: "We're All in This Together".

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! :)

I'm looking forward to seeing the original with you sometime!

Love you, Mom

lisa said...

fun!

mer said...

Carrie,

My kids are CRAZY about High School Musical! We missed HSM2 because we were camping the weekend it premiered (and because we don't have cable), so my sweet neighbor Tivo'd it for us and we finally watched it last weekend. Fun! I doubt our experience was as fun as yours though.

A, B & C said...

I've lived overseas too long... I haven't seen any of them! I need to get on the ball. Maybe when I'm home these next few months.

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

I think I am the only person in the world who hasn't seen either of them! Sounds like you had fun!

Ewokgirl said...

I haven't seen HSM2 yet, but our youth group girls were quite excited about it! A week before the big premier, 2 of the girls excitedly told us that they'd already seen it on OnDemand. That was a very big deal, apparently.

I liked the first one a lot. Not as good as Grease, but cleaner and very cute. Definitely puts you in a happy sort of mood!

Susan said...

Oh man, I saw this on TV a while back in German! I need to see the English version when I get back to visit the States.