Monday, September 24, 2007

Autumn inside and out

Outside, the leaves are turning colors, falling and crunching under our feet. The days are getting shorter, and the mornings and nights are definitely chilly!

Inside, I've set out a few little decorations to celebrate the season:

I could not pass up these beautiful daisies, especially since they were half-price. The little pear-shaped gourd was locally grown and cost just 40 cents.


I love this little hurricane that I got last spring. The best part is being able to "personalize" it to each season. The caramel-scented candle smells delicious!

9 comments:

Angela said...

Love the candle!

thehomespunheart said...

Cute! I love that little gourd! :)

Tracy said...

The gourd is great! And I love the plaid fabric under the daisies!

Anonymous said...

Don't these pretty fall decorations lift your spirits?!? I look forward to seeing other seasonal decorations in your hurricane glass. :)
Love you, Mom

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

Thanks for the inspiration! I need to get my fall wreath on the door!

MyHeartIsAlwaysHome said...

What a cute gourd! and for 40 cents, hard to beat that!

Susan said...

Gourds are so fallish. Cannot beat the deals you found!

Niki said...

things are looking lovely at your house Carrie!...we are still pretty warm up here in Canada. Today is forecast for 30degrees celcius, that's 80-something F, so it still feels pretty summery although the leaves are changing and the days are shorter, we have had a beautiful September so far, but I am waiting for the chilly Autumn days I love!

Anonymous said...

I just made the daisy photo my desktop background! You do know how to make things so cozy, my friend!

- Mandi