Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Gifts from the blogging community

I used the word "community" in my title, because I have been so blessed by the companionship and inspiration I've found in the blog world. I'm happy to be part of it.

*Thank you (much overdue) to Ewokgirl for naming me a Rockin' Girl Blogger.

*I am honored that my sister, Monica, would bestow me with the Frugal Subversive Award! This award was to created to recognize bloggers who make an effort to reduce spending and consumerism and to be innovative in making and reusing things. What a great goal!

I would like to pass the torch to the following "Frugal Subversives":

Going a year without purchasing anything from W-mart is definitely a commitment to reducing consumerism. Learn more about Megan's challenge here.

Sara and her family recently hit the road in an RV that runs on used veggie oil! She is definitely committed to a less is more philosophy when it comes to material possessions.

I'm "seconding the motion" in awarding this to Stephanie (she's already received it once). You will find lots of ideas for simple and frugal living on her blog, and she is also the host of a weekly carnival that celebrates making things from scratch!

*Another expression of gratitude goes out to Kathleen Marie for sending me this book as part of the Pay it Forward Book Exchange. I've heard so much about it I figure it's time I finally jump in!

5 comments:

Susan said...

Carrie, you are indeed a model of efficiency. I am learning a lot from your blog.

Unfortunately, I cannot join in the WalMart ban:(. The former East Germans love Walmart. They lived too long under an anti comsumerism government. As a former East German, Roy loves Ebay, McDonalds and Walmart. He cannot wait to visit Walmart in CS in December.

Stephanie said...

Why thanks so much!

A, B & C said...

Congratuations... and you are so deserving! Thank you for sharing with us.

Megan Crow said...

Thank you very much! I am very honored :)

Anonymous said...

You ladies of the blog world are amazing -- what a source of encouragement and inspiration you are to each other (and to me!) -- keep it up! :)

Yippee -- you are going to read Mitford! :) Enjoy! I am rereading the series now and am surprised at how much I had forgotten.

Love you -- Mom