Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Good times

I have been blessed with some very fun activities and interactions in the last few days, and just wanted to share . . .

On Friday, my dear friend Jody came over and brought the ingredients to make a fabulous salad. Mix the following:

1 can butter beans, rinsed and drained
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 diced avocado
3-4 diced Roma tomatoes
1 c. frozen peas (thawed)
1/2 c. chopped red onion
chopped fresh basil to taste

We topped the salad with raspberry vinaigrette, but I found it also tasted delicious without any dressing.

On Saturday, I had a surprise phone call from Kaori, a former student from my days as a dorm director. Kaori lives in Tokyo, so our communication has been limited. Isn't it such a treat to catch up with a friend you haven't talked to in a long time?

Sunday I attended the beautiful garden wedding of two former students who had gone with my husband and me on a hurricane relief trip to New Orleans. The color scheme was teal, brown and yellow--very unique! A funny memory of the night was that my shoe split in half just before the ceremony began--thankfully, I had a 2nd pair of shoes in the car!

Monday, friends and colleagues shared a delicious meal together and enjoyed splashing in a hotel water park.

What a fun long weekend we had. Thank You, Lord, for friends!

10 comments:

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

I am very impressed that you had extra shoes in the car! I would have been out of luck!

WhatWorksForMom said...

awesome photos (and wow - how organized you are to have extra shoes along)!!

Angela said...

Sounds like a nice weekend. We are off to a beach wedding this weekend which sounds wonderful - much like the garden wedding. Impressed with the fact that you had extra shoes too!

carrie said...

So funny that you think I'm organized because of the extra shoes. Actually, I can't stand "heels" of any kind, so brought sandals for the drive, as the wedding was a couple hours away!

(((((HUGS))))) sandi said...

That salad sounds sooo good! We are very similar~I am loving your blog! We have used Hyland's remedies for all of our children~OH we could not live without 'em! and it does cost sooo much more to eat healthy. When I worked in a natural market I got a discount. Now that I don't we cannot afford to eat the same as we did then, so we just do what we can and trust God. (((((HUGS))))) sandi

thehomespunheart said...

So glad everything went smoothly - love the pix from the wedding! :)

justabeachkat said...

Loved seeing the photos. The salad sounds awesome. I've gotta try it. I might add feta cheese and use Greek dressing. What do you think?

Hugs!
Kat

MyHeartIsAlwaysHome said...

Good thought on having comfy shoes! Love the pictures, looks like the wedding was at a beautiful location.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting these photos from the wedding. :) I, too, am impressed that you had a spare pair of shoes with you! :)

I'm thankful you have such a good friend in Jody. :)

Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

Yay! My name is in your blog:D Thank you for taking your time to talk with me and I'll try to get in touch with you as much as possible from here, Japan!! K