Friday, September 14, 2007

Harvest pumpkin bread

I love pumpkin recipes. I used this bread recipe to make 2 dozen muffins this week--some for us and some to take to a party. Delicious!

1 t. baking soda
1/2 c. hot water
3/4 c. vegetable oil
2 1/2 c. sugar
1 can pumpkin (15 oz.)
3 eggs
1 t. ground cinnamon
1/2 t. ground cloves
3 1/2 c. flour

Dissolve soda in hot water. Combine with other ingredients. Pour into 2 greased loaf pans or 24 muffin cups. Bake at 35o degrees: bread for an hour; muffins for 20 minutes. Enjoy!

I also want to try this yummy pumpkin muffin!

7 comments:

mer said...

I think my kids would love these for breakfast tomorrow. Thanks for sharing!

justabeachkat said...

My husband loves pumpkin pie, bread or muffins. I've copied both recipes and will try them. Thanks! Fall is coming!!! Yipee!

Hugs!
Kat

Angela said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE pumpkin recipes too! I also love adding chocolate chips to my pumpkin bread - yum! I'm going to be attempting Pumpkin Butter for canning in the next few days. I'll be sure to post the results.

Lisa said...

YUM!!! I love anything and everything pumpkin! I have a another great pumpkin streudel muffin recipe, I'll try to remember to email it to you over the weekend :)

I bet baking your Harvest Pumpkin Bread made your house smell scrumptious!!

Anonymous said...

I'll verify that these are really good! I don't like pumpkin usually, but these are the exception! Thanks for making them, Carrie!!

Eric

WorksForMom said...

wow, thanks for this. sounds awesome and not too difficult to make (again, my kind of recipe)!

Amy said...

Those sound delicious too! I adore anything with pumpkin in it so I will have to give these a try! Thank you!