Thursday, October 25, 2007

10-20-30

I've been tagged by Spaghettipie for this fun meme and need to respond to this question: What were you doing ten, twenty and thirty years ago?

Ten years ago, I was a freshman in college. (The same college where my husband and I now live and serve.) I was planning to major in elementary education (later switched to secondary English education) and had a roommate named Hayley. (Click on the link for a photo) I was 750 miles from home and more homesick than I'd anticipated. My work-study position was cleaning the hallways and bathrooms in our woman's dorm--a humbling but profitable experience. In addition to classes, work and hanging out with friends, I was an editor on the yearbook staff.

Twenty years ago, I was in the third grade. My teacher's name was Mrs. Cann, and I had just started attending a new elementary school in Colorado Springs. I was a voracious reader and loved playing games. This photo was taken by my grandma on a trip to the mountains with my great-uncle, John, and my sister. (Gotta love those matching Hawaiian print caps!)
Thirty years ago, I wasn't even a blink in my parents' eye. (Thus, no photo!)

There you have it. I'm tagging Abbey, Susan and Kat!

8 comments:

thehomespunheart said...

Love the photo! I remember that day because we saw sun, rain, snow and hail all in one day! :)

Anonymous said...

What a great photo -- it sure brought a smile to my face! :)
Love you -- see you tomorrow!!
Mom

mer said...

So, in that photo are you at RMNP? It looks familiar to me. Very, very cute photo!

Enjoy your Thursday!

Trina said...

You know, I had a Hawaiian print cap just like those! It must be an age thing - I think we're probably close in years. Have a great day.
Blessings,
Trina

Lisa said...

Two words...Bruce Murphy!!

I seriously thought it was him when I first saw this picture :)

Susan said...

Cute photo! I love looking at kid photos of adults!

A, B & C said...

Oh yeah, I got tagged! I'm so excited! I'll do it this weekend.
I love the picture of you and your sister... how fun!
Fortunately, I'm at my Mom's and she'll have pictures I can use!

Niki RuralWritings said...

fun fun fun! I am toooo old for this one....lol