Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Abundant living

Tracy recently shared with me about an e-newsletter she thought I would be interested in. As I clicked around the Counting the Cost site, I really resonated with the ideas behind their ministry. On the "about" page, founder Nancy Twigg shares the following reflection:

So what is abundant living? In John 10:10, Jesus said He came that his followers might have life, and have it abundantly. I believe this abundant life Jesus referred to encompasses many things:

  • Responsible spending and financial peace of mind
  • Good stewardship of our money, time, talent, and environment
  • Shunning materialism and embracing richness in relationships
  • A simplified, Christ-like lifestyle with an emphasis on spiritual growth and service
  • Full appreciation and enjoyment of each of the many blessings we have been given

As I read through this list, I thought, "This sounds just like what I want my blog--and my LIFE--to be about." Thank you, Tracy! I'm excited to keep reading and learning from these likeminded resources--the Twiggs also have sites on creative frugality and simple celebrations .

7 comments:

Judy said...

The Celebration Simply book sounds like something I could really use, especially for the holidays. Thanks for the recommendation.

Niki (RuralWritings) said...

that sounds very interesting..I'll head over there later today and check out their website,
Thanks Carrie
blessings

Anonymous said...

I love that line "Full appreciation and enjoyment of each of the many blessings we have been given." Sounds like Nancy Twigg is a kindred spirit! Thanks for sharing ~
Love you, Mom

Mary Ann said...

My sister emails me the newsletter. It's great!

Susan said...

Sounds like a great website. Will have to browse it later.

thehomespunheart said...

I have only skimmed the site - but, you are right - it looks great! I'd like to read the book sometime!

Ewokgirl said...

Counting the Cost is my favorite email newsletter I receive. It's a great resource. She even used something I wrote in her recently published book!