Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Florida in a box

We had hoped to be in Florida this week with the rest of my family, but alas, it did not work out this time to take the trip.

Knowing my disappointment, my sweet grandma decided to send Florida to me by putting together a themed care package. Inside the box, we found sand toys and an ocean book for my son; citrus tea and recipes; palm tree flip flops and party napkins; and the most creative idea: a plastic box filled with sand and seashells.

What a thoughtful and well-timed gift! We so appreciate the gesture--thank you, Grandma!

15 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Thoughtfulness must run in your family! That sounds so much like Monica...:-)How sweet of your grandma!

Angela said...

That is such a sweet idea!!

Niki said...

I hope we'll both be grandmas like that one day!(me alot sooner than you, of course :)
Blessings,

Tracy said...

That was very thoughtful of her!

Leah in Iowa said...

I'm sorry you had to stay behind!! Luckily we're having some gorgeous weather though, if that's any consolation. I'm sure it's not. Sorry. =(

How very sweet of your grandma to send the care package!

MyHeartIsAlwaysHome said...

What a thoughtful thing for her to do!

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

How sweet! That was a very thoughtful gift!

mer said...

I'm sad you didn't get to go to Florida! But what a sweet grandmother you have! Enjoy your gift...and your day!

Meredith

Molly said...

What a sweet grandma! And what a fun idea!

Judy said...

You have a very special grandma.

Sarah Markley said...

What a sweet thing! I love Florida! At least you can wear the flip flops around the house!

Anonymous said...

Dear Carrie -- we missed having you with us in Florida, but are so pleased that Grandma sent you a bit of Florida to enjoy long-distance! Great idea! :)
Love you, Mom

MommyK said...

What a thoughtful gift!!!

Thanks for visiting my blog yesterday!

thehomespunheart said...

Oh, Carrie! I had wanted to do this - so I am so glad G'ma did and that it was fun for you!

Joy@Joy in the Journey said...

Oh that is just the cutest thing ever! I agree with Niki, I hope I'm a grandma like that one day!

Sorry you weren't able to go along. :(
Blessings,
Joy