Thursday, October 11, 2007

Just chillin'

Tuesday morning, I woke up shivering uncontrollably, and for the past two days, my body temp has ricocheted from freezing to roasting. Between fever, headaches, and sore throat, I've been pretty much out of commission. It is so hard for me to be forced to slow down by sickness or exhaustion, but that's what the last couple of days have been.

At other times when I've been sick, my mom has reminded me of the words of Psalm 23: He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul.
I have a doctor appointment later this morning and hope to ease back into activity at some point today. I look forward to catching up on blogs, reading, correspondence, and even chores! (Like I said, it's hard for me to just lay around.) Hope to see you soon!

Judy is the winner of the book giveaway! Judy, if you read this before I have a chance to e-mail you, please send me your mailing address and book selection.

11 comments:

Lisa said...

Hang in there Carrie! I'm on week 2 of being sick so I feel your pain! Hope you feel better soon :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Carrie -- I wanted to call you last night, but decided you probably didn't feel like talking. I'm so sorry you've been sick and hope you feel much better today!

Love and prayers, Mom

Niki said...

Get better soon Carrie!
Blessings,

MyHeartIsAlwaysHome said...

Feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Sorry you're sick. I hope you're feeling better as the day goes on!

-Kendra

thehomespunheart said...

I've thought you might not feel up to talking either - but am thinking of you!

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

So sorry you are sick! I hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Dear Carrie:

I'm SO sorry you are not feeling well. I did not know until now & it is after 11:00PM. I'll be praying for your speedy recovery.
I hate being forced to slow down too! And so does your mother, so you come by it honestly!
I guess you know by now that Joanie's little Skippy died tonight. I'm heading out there tomorrow to be with her for the weekend.
Cheers...and LOVE, Grandma

justabeachkat said...

Oh Carrie, I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. Take care of YOU...rest, rest, rest. Chores, blogging, etc. will wait.

Hugs!
Kat

Overwhelmed! said...

Oh, sorry to hear you're sick. We've had a touch of the flu going on in our household. NOT fun! Hope you're feeling better soon.

Congrats to Judy on her book win!

Katie said...

I'll be praying that the illness leaves quickly and doesn't spread to the rest of the dear family...

Oh - wanted to mention, I thought it was neat - my hubby's birthday was just a couple days ago as well!

Blessings, comfort, and healing to you today... :-)