Friday, October 19, 2007

Pray-per-post

I usually write my blog entries a day or more in advance so I can post them first thing in the morning. I like having my drafts ready to go, but sometimes I second-guess my word choice or topic. Because I don't know most of you personally, and because tone and understanding can be easy to misinterpret, I often worry that I should have stated something more clearly or in a different way. Sometimes, I revise my writing; other times, I decide to leave it as written.

It occurred to me, that as prayer should accompany our daily activities, blogging is no exception. I can pray for each post, asking and trusting that God will use it to encourage, challenge or inform. I can also pray that He would make me sensitive to His leading if something I've written needs to be altered. And then I can let it go . . .

Thank You, Lord, for grace and for the ways You instruct me--imperfect vessel that I am!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea! God is clearly using your blog to bless those who read it -- asking for His guidance and blessing on what you post can only make it better!
Love you, Mom

Niki RuralWritings said...

So right! A good reminder, Carrie.
Have a great day!

Angelena said...

What a tender heart you have!

justabeachkat said...

I ALWAYS enjoy visiting you!

Hugs!
Kat

A, B & C said...

So true! It's hard to know if anyone will be offended by what we say, so we just have to pray and hope that people will understand that what we say is with the best intentions. Unfortunately for some bloggers (fortunately not for us) people can be very cruel and use their posts or comments to hurt others, which I will never understand.

Susan said...

Thanks for reminding me to include the Lord in everything! I have been doing the same. I did hear about Rebecca, sounds exciting!

Joy@Joy in the Journey said...

Yes, I agree! I think that it is so important to bring the topics we want to share(even the silly ones!) before the Lord. Thanks for the reminder!
Blessings,
Joy

Joyful Days said...

That is such a true and perfect reminder. We can never pray too often.

Blessings,

Julie

Carrie said...

Yep, I agree. Blogging can be a huge blessing and ministry to others.
Have a good night!
God bless :)

Sarah Markley said...

This is a really great way to do this. I like the way you think! (I also like to write mine ahead, too!)

Amy A. said...

There is an article in the new Herald that talks about using technology for good and not "e-vil". This post is right up that alley.

Lots of those verses about the tongue fit right in with posting.

Thanks for the exhortation and encouragement.