Monday, October 8, 2007

So many books, so little time

Oh, no. The reading challenge has just begun, and I said I would commit to the 6 books on my list before adding any others. But the first two were so good that I somehow ended up at the library requesting their sequels/companion books!

I don't know why I didn't jump on the Mitford bandwagon before now, but I am so glad Kathleen Marie sent me a copy of At Home in Mitford. It was such a joy to read the first book in this series that A Light in the Window has somehow found its way into my stack!

My husband and I just finished reading Shepherding a Child's Heart over the weekend. Although many of the principles do not apply yet as we're parenting a newbie toddler, this book provides a compelling biblical perspective on discipline and communication. Having been encouraged to read a similar book by Trina, Kristin, and Jody, that title has also been requested via interlibrary loan. Plus, in reading others' book lists, I've written down several titles on my list of what to read. Aack! So many books, so little time!

And speaking of books, since I received At Home in Mitford as part of the Pay it Forward Book Exchange, it's my turn to give a book away. Just leave a comment saying you'd like to be entered in the random drawing. The winner will have a choice between 2 titles: Going Over East: Reflections of a Woman Rancher and Herbs for Health and Happiness. U.S. shipping only. Comments open until 10/10 at noon CST.

9 comments:

Niki said...

Hi Carrie
My book list/stacks multiply on their own, as quick as rabbits!
Blessings,
Niki

Briggie said...

I am a confessed book-a-holic and I don't ever want to be cured! Both books you've listed look llike awesome reads, please count me in and if you haven't done so, check out my giveaway at www.jehovahroi.wordpress.com

Judy said...

Hi Carrie,
This sounds like a neat drawing, I'm in.

Carrie said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog! Love your name. ;) And I totally loved that you are an admitted sweet tooth on your profile. ;) Bliss.

I'm definitely bookmarking your blog and would love to "get to know you" better.

Carrie said...

p.s. I have a just about to turn one year old. How old is yours?

Anonymous said...

Carrie, I'm so glad you enjoyed the first Mitford book! I feared that since you'd heard us talking about it for so long, your expectations would not be met.

Love you, Mom

justabeachkat said...

Carrie

I love, love, love the Mitford books...every single one. You know Jan Karon has started a new series and the first one is Home In Holly Springs. Can't wait to pick it up.

Hugs!
Kat

Overwhelmed! said...

Carrie, please enter me in for your "Herbs for Health & Happiness" book giveaway. I'll be planting an herb garden in the spring and I'd love to read this first. :)

Thanks for participating in my October Pay It Forward Book Exchange by hosting your own giveaway. I’ve got you linked in my post.

Overwhelmed! said...

Hey, Carrie, who are your winners? :)