Monday, October 29, 2007

A wife's prayer

I have been so thankful for a resource I picked up when my husband and I attended a Family Life marriage conference a couple years ago. I knew I wanted to pray for Eric, but wasn't sure how to best do that. When I saw laminated cards that read "lifting my husband in prayer," I purchased copies for myself and my sister.

On the front of the card are 10 specific biblical ways to pray for your husband. This is usually the side I focus on. But recently, I felt that praying for my husband meant praying for myself as his wife.

Here's a selection of the wife's prayer from the back of the card (and excerpted from this book):

"Make me my husband's helpmate, companion, champion, friend and support. Help me to create a peaceful, restful, safe place for him to come home to."

That is my prayer, Lord!

6 comments:

MyHeartIsAlwaysHome said...

A great prayer!

Mary Ann said...

I was given a copy of this book(not the same edition as yours) for a wedding gift. Every time I read through it, I find something new to pray about. It is truly a wonderful tool that every Godly wife should own.

I love the prayer you quoted!

Niki RuralWritings said...

We attended a family life conference years ago and it was such a blessing! Praying that prayer will keep a marriage strong!
blessings

Jill@Who Could Ask for Anything More said...

I have been contemplating this very thing! I will check into the book. Thanks so much.

Leah in Iowa said...

We have been to two full-weekend conferences and one one-day seminar by FamilyLife and we've been so happy each time we've gone. (We go partly to get away alone together, and partly to improve our marriage - not because we have trouble, but because we want to go from "good" and "fine" to "great"!) I highly recommend them! And all the resources available there are extremely helpful and well-written, too!

Tamara said...

I'm curious what the 10 ways are from the card.

We too really liked the conference. We went just a few months after we got married and would love to benefit from it again. So far we haven't even managed a weekend at home alone to go through the book!