Thursday, November 1, 2007

A barrage of recipes!

I have found so many yummy recipes on various blogs lately, and in the past week tried 5 new dishes! They were all winners, so I wanted to compile and share the links with you--enjoy!

Chicken burritos--made in the crock pot with just 3 ingredients!

Pineapple black bean enchiladas--we used crushed pineapple (an "accident"--but so tasty!) and green chile enchilada sauce; these were a big hit at our recent potluck. Unfortunately, I cannot recall where I saw this one--let me know and I'll give credit where it's due!

Pumpkin patch cake--made even easier by using store-bought frosting (a bargain with a coupon) and decorated with candy corn instead of pumpkins

Chicken delicious--another crock pot meal, so good with mashed potatoes!

Crescent roll apple pies--I decreased the butter by 2 T. and substituted Sprite for Mountain Dew since we had it on hand; These were amazing--best served a la mode! (Thanks to Angela and Kat for linking to this fabulous dessert!)

12 comments:

thehomespunheart said...

Ok, my tummy is growling now! :) These look great!

Katie said...

Thanks for these recipes! Also ~ wanted to thank you again for the chicken curry one you sent...how thoughtful of you to do that!!

Blessings today,
Katie

Angela said...

Mmm...those apple pie rolls are so delicious and surprising considering how you make them!

Anonymous said...

I got to sample all of these new recipes during my recent visit and agree that they were all winners! :) Love, Mom

Judy said...

Oh, new recipes, I can't wait to try them, I am always game for new ones.

spaghettipie said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed the recipe. Some of the other ones you posted look tasty - I'll have to check them out! Thanks for sharing.

Lisa said...

I think I will have to try the Pineapple and Black Bean Enchilada's...they sound sooooo good! I'm not a big fan of red enchilda sauce so am glad to hear that the green one works too!

Susan said...

Ohhhh, the apple pie rolls sound yummy!!! Mexican stuff is always a favorite.

Mom2fur said...

That Chicken Delicious could be a good freeze-ahead meal. Just dump everything but the cheese and pastas in a zipper bag and freeze until you need it. I think I'll try this. I always like to have some 'ready meals' in my freezer, and this one looks gooooood.

Niki RuralWritings said...

they all look Great! I posted how to make Challah on yesterday's post just so you know....
blessings

Leah in Iowa said...

Oh, yeah - the Crescent Roll Apple Pies are definitely going on my "To Make" list!! Thanks for sharing these yummy recipes, Carrie!

Carrie said...

Thank you for your recipes! I am new here and I am eager to read the rest of your posts!