Friday, November 9, 2007

My favorite salad

The other night when I wanted a little snack, I was trying to decide between some of this salad and M&M cookies. Sound like a no-brainer? I chose the salad, believe it or not. But then of course, like any chocolate lover, I had the cookies after I finished my greens. =)

Here's the way I make it--thanks to my friend Amanda for getting me hooked!

1 bag baby spinach
1 small can of mandarin oranges, drained
1 diced pear
1/2 c. slivered almonds
1/2 c. red onion

dressing:
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. red wine vinegar
1/2 c. oil

Mix dressing well and toss with spinach and other ingredients. It's best fresh, as the spinach wilts under the power of the deliciously tangy dressing. Enjoy!

12 comments:

Judy said...

I have been looking for an easy salad, different from my everyday tossed salad. I am going to try that next week in my menu plan. Thanks.
I too would have had the cookies afterwards.:)

Mom2fur said...

I love salad. We eat it most nights here. I'm going to try yours, too!
Too bad crumbled M&M cookies would be weird on salad! Or...would they? Hmmmmm...

MyHeartIsAlwaysHome said...

I would have had the cookies after the salad too! Snacking is my downfall!

Carrie said...

Mmmm sounds yummy, thanks for sharing!
God bless :)

Ewokgirl said...

That sounds good, and I have all the ingredients on hand, except for the almonds because they're gross. ;-)

Due to having to pick up my hubby from work since one car is in the shop, that may be the perfect thing to go with our dinner of frozen pizza! (Can't cook when you're in rush hour traffic.)

Susan said...

I love this kind of salad. mmmmm!

Molly said...

Yum, that sounds good! Too bad we can't get mandarin oranges here! I would've eaten the cookies afterward, too! At least you chose to eat the healthy first...doesn't the good of the salad cancel out the bad of the cookies?! :)

Rochelle said...

Nummy. I like spinach for my salad a lot. It is my favorite leafy greens. I'm gonna have to try this one!

justabeachkat said...

Now that sounds yummy. I think I'll add some craisins when I make it. And I'll follow it with some M&Ms too!

Hugs!
Kat

WorksForMom said...

Wow, now this sounds awesome. My kind of salad. You are so talented Carrie.

Niki RuralWritings said...

Yum, I will definitely give this one a try sounds delicious.

Anonymous said...

This sounds very tasty -- but since Dad wouldn't eat it, maybe I can enjoy it at your house sometime!

Love you, Mom