Thursday, December 13, 2007

Hodge-podge

  • Monica upgraded my single serving hot cocoa mix. Click here for the recipe--so delicious!

  • Thank you to Niki for an award called "A Roar for Powerful Words"--I am honored to receive this from Niki, who I think is very inspirational when it comes to simple living!
  • Several swappers have continued posting pix of their cozy goodies. Check them out!

  • The winner of the microfiber cleaning cloth is Mary Ann!

  • I'm famous--ha! My response to a reader question was included in the recent issue of the Counting the Cost newsletter! Click here and scroll down to my name. My mom saw it first and e-mailed to ask if it was me. Funny!

  • I love vocabulary! (Any other English majors/word geeks out there?) This is so cool--I saw it over at Kathleen Marie's. Click here to take a vocab quiz--for each word you get correct, you donate 20 grains of rice to help end world hunger. Fun (well for us word people) and a good cause! I stopped at 1500 grains of rice, but I seriously wanted to keep going!

4 comments:

thehomespunheart said...

I decided to match your 1500 grains! Neat links today!

Mary Ann said...

Ooh! I'm so excited to win the microfiber cloth-I have wanted to try it since I rarely use paper towels for cleaning glass. Thank you so much!

Katie said...

Thanks for the link to the grain website - a win-win situation there and one of my all-time favorite games is Scrabble (hubby and I love it!), so hopefully that will come in handy. :-)

Also ~ my husband just borrowed Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey from one of his coworkers a few months ago, so now we are on his style of budget too! My husband loves to listen to his show when he can.... nice comment to that lady's question!

Have a great day - stay warm!
Katie

MyHeartIsAlwaysHome said...

I have played the grain game. Very addictive!

I am almost finished ready Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover. The goal for 2008 is to be debt free!