Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A parable

Remember this guy? Well, I told you I had more to share about the lecture we attended. When Dr. Sleeth began telling the story of the good Samaritan, I was thinking, "yes, yes, I've heard this before--how does it relate to caring for the environment?"

After reviewing the details of the well-known parable, Dr. Sleeth summarized the sequence of the Samaritan's response:
  • He saw the problem.

  • He was moved to compassion.

  • He used his resources to help.

  • He took on-going responsibility.

What a fabulous lesson in stewardship! Dr. Sleeth brought new insight and perspective to this parable I've read so many times, and these words inspired me in a new way.

3 comments:

thehomespunheart said...

Neat way to link the two subjects! I had not thought of it that way either.

Anonymous said...

Great summary of a familiar story!
Love, Mom

Katie said...

Fabulous analogy!!

I love it when our Pastor provides us illustrations or applications of the text.

I'm so glad the Lord brought me to your site and that He's using you to help all of us become better stewards.

Blessings~
Katie