Sunday, December 16, 2007

S'more kits

After seeing recipes for homemade marshmallows and graham crackers in this book a couple years ago, I knew I wanted to make s'more kits for Christmas gifts. I decided now was the time! My mom helped me make Mary Jane's recipe for marshmallows, which uses a vegan alternative to gelatin. (If I try this project again, I will probably use plain gelatin instead for cost reasons--Wendi recently posted a recipe.) You can click here for a similar recipe for the graham crackers, which I cut into flower shapes with a cookie cutter.

Because the marshmallows were so sticky, we rolled them in powdered sugar and wrapped them in wax paper. I packaged s'more kits up for 4 different families, giving 2 marshmallows and 2 crackers per person. In Mary Jane's book, after you "smoosh" the marshmallows between the crackers, you roll the sides in chocolate chips, so I included a handful of those as well. Since everything can go in the freezer, I was able to make the treats in advance. Mary Jane suggests toasting the marshmallows over a fire or candle, but one of my gift recipients just warmed the treats in the microwave.

I think the kits turned out so cute--they're delicious and a unique treat this time of year!

14 comments:

Katie said...

So creative!! :-)

Thanks for showing us another great gift idea!

schatzila said...

That is such a wonderful idea...thanks for sharing.

Connie

thehomespunheart said...

Very fun idea, Carrie! You already know I was inspired! I sampled one of the ones I made last night and after trying a candle, also warmed it in the microwave! Yummy!

Liisa said...

I love this idea! I am going to be on the look out for graham flour on our next trip to the store!

Blessings,
Liisa

Niki RuralWritings said...

A super idea Carrie!

MyHeartIsAlwaysHome said...

Great idea! I can't wait to try making graham crackers. That is one of Megan's favorite treats.

Kathleen Marie said...

What a great idea! I love this! God Bless - Oh, I have blessed you with an award! Stop on over! Hugs!

Lisa said...

FUN!!!

Angela - Life w/ One Busy Boy said...

Looks so fun!

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

What a great idea! The kits are adorable!

Amy said...

Oh my goodness! These look AWESOME, Carrie! You did such a great job- I am definitely going to be bookmarking this idea for future reference. Thank you, thank you!

Anonymous said...

These look so cute packaged up -- the best part is that I got to make them with you! (And I'll get to taste them with Monica!) Love you, Mom

Jamie said...

Oh my goodness, so cute!

disa said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛