Thursday, January 17, 2008

7 random things

Niki tagged me to share 7 random things about myself.

1. I do not like football. I have never understood it--the rules just don't make sense to me. Thankfully, my husband's also not a big fan--we much prefer basketball.

2. I became a vegetarian when I was a senior in high school. I gave a persuasive speech on not eating meat, and convinced myself through that research. A few years later, I did start eating poultry again but I haven't had beef for ten years and have never missed it! Ironically, we live in one of the highest pork-producing counties in the U.S.!

3. I have never dyed my hair, and I don't use a blowdryer or curling iron.

4. My least favorite household chore is dusting. (Anybody with me?)

5. During my junior year of high school, I received the "Actress of the Year" award for my role as Gwendolen in The Importance of Being Earnest.

6. I can't seem to get into the habit of flossing my teeth. My dental hygienist called me (long distance!) on my wedding day to remind to floss!

7. My Myers-Briggs type is ENFJ.

I always love reading others' random facts--I tag Rebecca (my real life friend and blogging newbie) and Wendi.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing these fun facts ~ all of which I knew! I'm not crazy about dusting either, though once I got started using microfiber cloths, it seems more effective when I do dust.

I used to say that my three least favorite household jobs were defrosting the freezer, cleaning the oven, and mopping the floor. Well, now I have a frost-free freezer and a self-cleaning oven. I'm waiting for a floor that cleans itself!

Have a great day -- Love you, Mom

Kimmers said...

This is interesting to me as I have been a vegetarian since I was 8 and only started eating poultry after I got married 2 1/2 years ago. I can not eat meat off of bones, like chicken legs and such.
I really love your blog and your sisters blog!

Frances said...

Thanks for sharing, Carrie! It's always comforting to find we are not alone in our likes/dislikes/habits. I can't stand football, and my husband is in the process of letting go of that former passion (recognizing that the sheer violence of the sport is not spiritually enriching). Yay for hair au naturale - me, too. Dust, I do not.

On the other hand, flossing is a daily occurrence for me now. I credit the positive influence of a former beau. Since I've seen how much stuff the floss removes, I find it difficult NOT to floss.

I have a lot to learn from you, as you are nearly my Myers-Briggs opposite.

gail said...

my myers-briggs is infj---we are so close! i dont' mind dusting, but i hate toilets and bathrooms. want to trade?

gail in idaho

Angela - Life w/ One Busy Boy said...

Fun!!!

mer said...

I loved reading your seven random things! I'm sorry you're not a football fan...you're missing out on SO much fun! Please tell me you watch the Super Bowl, if only for the commercials!

Susan said...

I hate dusting too! Only eat chicken and fish. I thought I understood football until my friends began asking questions about the rules. Now I am not so sure. Fun reading these facts!

Ewokgirl said...

Huh. I think you and I are quite a bit alike, including the football thing *shudder* (and I live in TX, where football is the closest thing to a state idol we have!), the never-dyed, non-blow-dryed hair thing (although I do use rollers or a straightener), the acting in high school thing, and almost the meat thing if I could bring myself to give it up. When I think about where meat comes from, I get the willies, but I have myself pretty well convinced that my meat was born on the styrofoam tray at the grocery store and was never an actual living animal.

It was interesting learning more about you!

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

I am with you on the flossing. I know I should do it, and I always do it for a few weeks after my cleaning, but then I taper off. At least we can be slackers together!

Niki RuralWritings said...

Lots of interesting Carrie facts :)
Thanks for playing along...I know about the flossing...

justabeachkat said...

That was a fun read. I'm with you on two of those for sure...I don't understand or like football and I don't like dusting. Who does?!

I haven't been by in awhile (bad me!) so I've had fun tonight catching up on all the post I've missed.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs!
Kat