Friday, January 11, 2008

Gems of hope

I told you yesterday that I am focusing on hope right now. I spent a good portion of my monthly retreat with a concordance and Bible, looking up verses containing my key word. (I enjoyed reading about your key words--thanks for sharing!)

Here are some of the gems I found:

"Those whose hope is in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:31

"Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope." Romans 5:3-4

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13

"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He who promised is faithful." Hebrews 10:23
*I made my garland with colored rub-on letters, patterned paper scraps, plywood gift tags, and fishing line. I love how it turned out!

5 comments:

mer said...

Here's one of my favorite verses, Carrie.

But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their HOPE and confidence. They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves stay green and they go right on producing delicious fruit. Jeremiah 17:7-8 NLT

Niki RuralWritings said...

Your garland is lovely and there are so many many wonderful verses of hope, aren't there? You won't run out all year that's for sure!

Anonymous said...

What a precious gift--hope. Thanks for the scriptures.tammyp

Anonymous said...

HI Carrie:

Thanks SO much for calling yesterday. It was so good to hear your voice!

I've been thinking about your "One Word" challenge for 2 days now. At first, I thought mine would be "faith", but after much thought & prayer, I'm convinced it should be "obedience". As you know I have much to consider right now & I know I want to be obedient to the Lord. The scripture says "Obedience is better than sacrifice", so that's what I want to focus on this year.
Thanks for your thought-provoking posts!

Thanks also, for sharing the adorable movies of little Brianna.
How precious that she is already quoting whole chapters (Psalm 23!)
Wow! That is something for a 2.7 year-old. How blessed your whole family is!

I'm praying that your HOPE will be in God.(Ps. 39:7) and that our God of HOPE will fill you with all joy & peace. Rom 15:13

Blessing and much love,

Grandma

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

Wonderful verses to meditate on!