Friday, January 11, 2008

Gloves in a Bottle

UPDATED: winners are Liisa and Need a Nap 2!

I had seen this product at a local pharmacy, and since I suffer from dry skin in the winter, I was eager to try it when I received a free sample. It's unusual name comes from its claim to protect skin from bad stuff (irritants, etc.) while allowing skin to "breathe." According to the website, it doesn't come off when you wash your hands; rather, it adheres to the skin and is removed by exfoliating skin cells.

Users with very sensitive skin will be grateful that Gloves in a Bottle is fragrance free, but I love my scented lotions. Although it has no added fragrance, the scent strikes me as something a hospital would use. (And they do--the product website lists quite a few health institiutions and industrial companies that have ordered the product.)

I found that I had to rub it in longer than other products I've used, but it really does make my hands feel soft. If you have dry skin, this may be worth looking into. If you prefer scented lotions, just add a little on top. (I checked with a rep from the company and he said that wouldn't negate the moisturizing effects of Gloves in a Bottle.)

I received two more samples that I'd like to pass along to two of you (a packet contains 2-4 applications). If you'd like to try it, just leave a comment. I'll select two names on Monday (1/14) at noon CST.

15 comments:

Rebecca said...

My daughter suffers from extremely dry skin. I'd LOVE to give this a try.

MyHeartIsAlwaysHome said...

Carrie, I would love to give this a try. I go through so much lotion. When I worked the ladies I worked near called me the lotion queen! Can't stand to have dry hands.

Liisa said...

My hands are always so dry so this sounds like a great product and I am pleased to hear that you can add scented lotion over top. I have not seen it in our area but will be on the look out for it!

Blessings,
Liisa

mamayates said...

I also have dry skin and two daughters with excema...I wonder if this would help? I just found your blog and am enjoying it so far! Thank you, Billie

Christy said...

Carrie,

I would love to try the lotion. I have suffered from dry skin this whole winter. When you have kids and are cooking, cleaning, etc. and always washing your hands, it really dries them out.

Thanks,
Christy

NeedANap2 said...

This sounds great!!

Overby Family said...

Please sign me up. I would love to relieve this dry skin. I think it's associated with the weather in Oregon and my pregnancy. Thanks.
Heather

Angela - Life w/ One Busy Boy said...

Sounds great. My hands use to get so cracked they would bleed at the knuckles - yuck! I have found curel works pretty well and have had to ditch those fragrance types. I'd be interested to try that though.

Susan said...

I would totally be in, but I think international shipping is not cool. However, I went on the website and ordered a free sample from the German rep. Thanks for the info! If there international folks from Japan, Taiwan, Russia or Germany reading this, you can order a sample too.

mer said...

Please count me in! I can't keep my hands moisturized to save my life.

tas said...

I am a huge dry skin cell from September to June. I go through about 2-3 huge bottles of lotion a year. If I don't "lube up" I look like a croc.....it's bad.

Ewokgirl said...

I'm always looking for a better lotion for my hands, so I'm in. Unscented makes this even better!

Anonymous said...

Carrie Odell! My goodness! I don't know if you remember me, but I was in your sisters grade at ECA, and actually my senior year, took PE with your class (Jeni Bruns too) and had a blast. Used to be called Mary Lichlyter back then. Now is Karen (middle name) Lichlyter-Klein! How are you? Isn't the internet wild that we can find people from the past! my email is wrenlklein@gmail.com. What is your sister Mon up to these days?

Bev (in Nebraska) said...

I am a childcare provider, so you can imagine how many times a day I am washing my hands! "Gloves in a Bottle" sounds like it might be the solution to my really dry skin. :)

Niki RuralWritings said...

Hi Carrie, I meme'd you, come and see :)