Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The little things

For accountability purposes, I will tell you that I have taken my monthly retreat. However, this time I'd like to keep thinking privately about what God has put on my heart.

I do want to share a favorite quote of mine from Mother Teresa that I was reminded of during my time of reflection: "Be faithful in the little things, for in them your strength lies." I think that is such a true statement that has served as a powerful reminder to me over the years. It reminds me of a definition of integrity I heard a long time ago--that integrity is who you are when no one else is looking.

Help me, Lord, to be faithful in the little things. Even if no one else is watching me, You are, and I want to be mindful of that.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I love it. Thanks for the reminder, it is easy when everyone is looking.

Katie said...

Thanks for sharing, Carrie.

These "retreats" have entered my mind frequently as 2008 proceeds... I will let you know if I begin my own! Thanks for the inspiration.

~Katie