Thursday, February 21, 2008

Updates

*Thanks for all the great advice you gave on looking for a new house. We've toured 11 so far (that's quite a few for the small town where we live), seeing three of them twice. There's one I really have my heart set on (dangerous, I know) so we'll see what happens. My mother-in-law will be in town next week, and we'd like to have her take a look. Our families have seen photos of the house on-line, and they give their approval, along with our realtor (who also works in the maintenance department at our college). We made a long list of questions and things to check and are working through those items before deciding when and whether to make an offer. I'll keep you posted. We're praying that God will open and shut doors in the process!

*I'm almost half-way through my spring reading challenge. Here is my updated list (bold titles have been completed):

Animal Vegetable Miracle by B. Kingsolver
Serve God, Save the Planet by M. Sleeth
Frugal Luxuries by T. McBride
The Jane Austen Book Club by K.J. Fowler
Eat, Pray, Love by E. Gilbert
A Light in the Window by J. Karon (Why did I wait so long to start reading Mitford--I am loving this series!)
A Thousand Splendid Suns by K. Hosseini
Idol Eyes by Mandisa
Living Simply by J. Heim
Grace Eventually by A. Lamott
Summer Snow by N. Baart

*Thank you so much for your encouragement about the brunch. I'll try to take some pictures, but I know I won't get the finished table, as I'll bring the hot dishes out after the guests arrive--we decided family-style is preferable to a buffet for this occasion.

Last night, we set the table, started the caramel rolls to rise in the fridge overnight, mixed the juice, mopped the floor, and readied the coffeemaker (neither of us drink it!) OK, I'd better go get to work. I'll post the details tomorrow--thanks again for your well wishes!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to read these updates! I'm so glad you are enjoying the Mitford books! I'm thinking of you this morning and will look forward to hearing the report on the brunch. Love, Mom

Katie said...

*Thinking of you today as you are hostess!! Looking forward to the update and pics!

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you this morning, Carrie. I prayed this morning that all will go well!
Thanks for the update on your house hunting. I would love to see the pix if you don't mind sharing them with me.
Everying is covered with ice here this morning. (UGH!!)

Love you, Grandma

MyHeartIsAlwaysHome said...

How exciting you have so many house choices, especially in a small community.

Hope you brunch went well!

Jamie said...

I like that you made a book list! I always mean to but just haven't! Maybe I should start making a summer list now!

Susan said...

You rock. I need to make time for reading. Cannot wait for photos. I know you will do a great job.