Monday, March 17, 2008

A day in the life

It's been awhile since I've shared anything about our unique setting of living on a college campus, and I wanted to tell you about my Saturday. In addition to touring a couple houses, and the usual weekend tasks, here are 3 other activities from my day:

1. I was asked to participate in a panel discussion on intimacy in one of the women's dorms. Whew--that will wake you up in the morning! Is it warm in here? =)

2. My husband agreed to be involved in a local fundraiser by playing basketball with a team of other staff from the college. Doesn't sound too interesting until I tell you that all the players were riding on donkeys the whole time! I think it's even more funny since yesterday was Palm Sunday!
3. Saturday night, I served as a judge for a "pageant" in another women's hall. It was a spoof of typical pageants, with an "Arctic wear" segment instead of swimsuits, and a variety of "talents" that included a demonstration on how to floss braces (yuk!)

There you have it--a unique day in the life of someone in college ministry. I will miss being part of such a creative environment, but I'm thankful for the time we've spent here!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What unique opportunities! Love the photo -- good sport, Eric! :) Love you, Mom

Amy said...

Ha! Love the picture! I can't imagine what it must be like working in a college ministry, but I know that you are awesome at it!

Flossing braces? BLECH!

Katie said...

So much fun! Thanks for sharing!

When I read through these stories, I thanked God that the ladies on this campus have *you* in their path for godly, Christian insight and encouragement. Thank you for all you do in this regard to impact the lives of young women out there. This is also a passion of mine, and I hope I always heed the Lord's calling to take full advantage of the opportunities He presents me with. You have really inspired me in this way! Thank you!!

Kali said...

That picture cracks me up! Oh how I miss NWC :-) They truly are blessed to have both you and Eric.

thehomespunheart said...

Oh my - what unique activities! Love the photo! Did you have to do a talent at the pageant?

Anonymous said...

Wow...what a weekend! I can't get over that picture though. Too funny.

I'm glad you've had these opportunities to be involved in the dorms to bring your time there to a sweet end. I remember sitting in on some of those panel discussions at TU and being so thankful for the young married women who graciously shared their perspectives on life, love, and all accompanying issues! It's not easy to do, but so valuable for those women! Way to go!

Love, Kendra

Lisa said...

I'm sure Eric loved this! I would have paid money to see this event...looks awesome!

Kara K said...

E looks great!

Susan said...

How fun! That would make for a life with a lot of variety.