Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Smorgasbord

*My weekend trip to the consignment store resulted in a few deals, the best of which was a pair of cute Dockers chinos for a buck! They were priced $12.95 (the consignment price) but had been moved to the bargain room because the back pocket was missing a button and there was a small ink stain near the ankle. Doesn't bother me--I'll save that $11!


*Jody's monthly scrapbribing contest is up and running, and this one involves super cute spring paper and embellishments! Just leave her a comment for your chance to enter, and please tell her I sent you.

*My discovery of free lotion earned me a link on Money Saving Mom, one of my favorite blogs--wahoo!

*On Easter Sunday, this verse we sang was particularly powerful to me:

There in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain:
Then bursting forth in glorious Day
Up from the grave he rose again!
And as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me,
For I am His and He is mine -
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.
lyrics by Stuart Townend and Keith Getty

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for your consignment store bargain! :)

We sang this same song on Easter Sunday -- it is a personal favorite and I have the words affixed inside the cover of my Bible.

Love you, Mom

noordinarylife said...

We also sang this song on Easter. I simply love, love, love it! I like your moms idea about copying it to her bible. I think I may have to do that. My heart just wells up with joy every time I sing it.

Congrats on the thrifty find. Don't you just love shopping trips like that?

Blessings,
Trina

mer said...

I love that song too, though we didn't sing it on Easter! :(

And yay for you on finding such a bargain. I love consignment shops, and we have a good one here in my little town, though I've never found anything for $1! That's awesome!

Frances said...

I saw "Carrie" on MoneySavingMom and thought, "could it be?" When I hovered over the link and recognized your url, I rejoiced - you probably got a LOT of traffic yesterday. Welcome, new readers of "With All That I've Been Given"!

Katie said...

Wondeful song. I love hymns! I was thinking of doing a post soon to ask people what their favorite hymns are...? I think I'll do that soon. Too hard to choose just one! :-)

Also, I love finding good bargains and have been wanting to check out consignment stores in neigboring towns that I've never been too.

I should frequent those more often!

Have a wondeful week! :-)