Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Sweet and simple flower

Since "real" flowers are a long way off from blooming around here, I made this little pretty--an adaptation of a Babygarten craft. Please read the directions carefully, as it's quite complicated:

First, I colored a popsicle stick green for the stem. Then I cut out the flower and circle pieces from craft foam. Next, I glued everything together. Ta-da! I tucked mine onto a shelf in the kitchen--a cheerful little addition to my cooking area.


Anonymous said...

Anything that reminds us that spring is coming is fine by me! Cute flower! Love you, Mom

MyHeartIsAlwaysHome said...


Anonymous said...

this would make a cute gift topper! just read through your "swap" category of posts. just wondering when you and Monica may host another swap. I started reading your blogs since your last swap. I'm anxious to see what you have up your sleeve for the first of spring.
Angie from NJ

Katie said...

Darling! :-)

I love spring ~ a time for new life in so many areas...(Song of Solomon 2:11-13)

Love the flower Carrie!
Have a great day!

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

This is my kind of craft! :)

Patty said...

thats really cute....
Spring has sprung in North Texas and I am enjoying it

Liisa said...

So cute and I could use a touch of spring as well! We just got buried in another snow storm this past weekend!


jennwa said...

I love that. It is so springy.

My daughter made something like that a few night ago and I have it hanging on the fridge right now.