Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Amiga

Being in Colorado was so much fun. It was wonderful spending time with my parents, and I got an added bonus when I had the chance to meet one of my favorite bloggers, Mer. We found each other's blogs last summer, and I knew right away that I'd found a kindred spirit.
The only problem with our lunch date is that we ran out of time because there was so much to talk about. Mer has been a great blogging friend, and she even paid for my meal--wow! (What a track record--blogging friend Leah bought my tea when we met in August, but that's because I was leaving in a hurry and completely forgot to pay my bill!)

So nice to meet you in person, Mer. As we were leaving, I asked her to take a photo with my car, who I named *Meredith* years ago! And, yikes, did you notice my sunburn in the picture above?! I was very irresponsible on Saturday and am still paying for it!

6 comments:

mer said...

It was SO much fun hanging out with you, amiga! I'm cracking up at that pic of me and Meredith. It's sunny and warm here today, but still windy!

Glad you're home safe. Can't wait to hear an update on the house.

thehomespunheart said...

Carrie! So glad you had this fun opportunity to meet Mer and thankful you have friendship in each other.

Katie said...

How neat!! :-)

The blogosphere makes all of us just a click away...so many friends here. How fun that you were able to meet in person!

Thanks for sharing!
G'night!

A, B & C said...

How fun! Making new friends is so important in life, even on the internet.

I did notice your sunburn. I'll take Love Bug for a quick trip to the park without sunscreen so she gets some vitamin D, but longer than that, we wear it. I actually have started using a facial lotion with SPF 30 in it, so I don't forget- it's been great!

Leah in Iowa said...

How fun for you to meet another blogger IRL! Just wondering why you didn't make her wear a sombrero, as it looks like you ate Mexican!? haha

Steve & Molly said...

What a fun treat! Sounds like you had a great time. Bet it was nice to finally meet her in person!