Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Linkadoos

Just a random assortment of links I wanted to pass on to you:

*Love this pantry!

*Another challenging and encouraging post from my friend, Katie: making Mondays less manic and more purposeful. I want this to be my day, everyday. I want to print this out and post it for review because sometimes I have a hard time prioritizing the tasks in my day.

*I'm excited because I recently won two book giveaways: Generation NeXt Marriage and Parenting from Lauren and a journal and Kay Arthur study called Desiring God's Own Heart from Gail. Thank you so much, ladies! I think this means I need to spread the love and host a book giveaway of my own soon, so be watching for that.

*I just discovered this wonderful coupon generator--tons of deals to be found here!

*You can find lots of ideas at this week's Make it from Scratch carnival, including my recipe for chai.

We'll be on the road tomorrow, so I won't be posting, nor will I be on-line much the next few days. I hope to update on the house situation sometime Friday and appreciate your prayers whatever the outcome!

10 comments:

Linds said...

Hi Carrie-

Thanks for your encouragement on my post!

I'm glad you've heard Alli's music. She's great! She's a friend of mine, we graduated high school together.

Look forward to hearing about the house situation.
Linds

Carrie said...

LOVE the idea from the pantry link to use chalkboard paint on jars. Instead of buying jars for canning, I just keep speg. jars, jam jars, that come from food we've used! (And recycle whatever we don't save for reuse.) I never know how to label jars though - other than with tape and paper. But I hate peeling off label after label and trying to clean off the stickies left behind. Chalkboard paint. I NEVER would have thought of that! But I like it! (Plus, I just think it's cute.) Thanks for the link!

Amy said...

Very cool links, Carrie! I will continue praying for your family!

Katie said...

Resourceful post Carrie! :-) Thanks!

I'm trying the whole daily *map* thingy out ~ trying to memorize all those verses and put them to use. We'll see how it goes! Thanks for linking.

I'm going to be hosting a book giveaway soon as well; there's so many good ones! I'm also almost finished typing up my thoughts on Serve God, Save the Planet ~ so that should be in your inbox soon.

I can't wait to check out all the rest of the links here. Thanks! (I usually try to get online earlier, but I woke up feeling so dizzy! The Lord must've known I needed some rest because my hubby has the day off and played "Mr. Mom" and "teacher" this morning. What a blessing!)

Well, I hope you have a relaxing trip and safe journey, and I'll be looking forward to your next post!

Blessings Carrie!
Katie

Katie said...

Ok, I just hopped on here quick to leave you another comment, and I know I'm still a bit dizzy as I just read my last comment to you.... "The Lord must've known..." Ha! Of course the Lord knows ~ He knows all! :-)

Anyway, I also wanted to say that I'll be posting on the swap when you are planning to next week ~ I'm so thrilled to share your creativity/generosity with everyone! I want to wait until you're back from your trip.

Ok, that's all for now!

Have a great day! (Hold on to your hat! It's another windy one today up here!)

:-) Katie

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

Thanks for the links. Your book should be in the mail next week! Have a great day!

gail said...

carrie, i went over and checked out that pantry--wow!!! she sure is creative and organized and its so pretty to boot. thanks for sharing the link.

gail

Liisa said...

Thanks for the links...I really like the Monday post and I am always interested in making things myself!

Blessings,
Liisa

Anonymous said...

Fun links -- lots of amazing talent and creativity out there! :)
Love you, Mom

the feathered nest said...

Hi there! Thanks so much for the link to my blog! I'm glad you liked it!

Manuela