Saturday, April 12, 2008

Surrender

Several people have asked for an update on the house search, and I greatly appreciate those who are thinking of and praying for us. I've been waiting to post until I had more to say. Specifically, I wanted to be able to write these 3 things:

1. That we found a house we love
2. That we made an offer
3. That the offer was accepted

Well, the first two have happened, and now it's a long wait for #3. We placed an offer last night, and shortly thereafter learned that the wife just left on a trip and won't be home until Wednesday evening. The tricky part: guess who leaves on a trip Thursday morning? Yep, us! So the owners asked for an extension from Monday to Friday to consider our offer. Oh, it's so hard to be patient!

Our realtor was able to tell us that the couple is pleased with our offer (from the financial aspect). However, as Sarah says, "It's always something." The "something" in our case is the moving timeline. We need to be out of our campus-owned house by about June 7, preferably sooner because my husband starts his new job right after Memorial Day. The owners of the house have lived there for more than 30 years, and have not even started looking for a new place, so I'm sure the thought of moving so quickly is overwhelming to them, especially because the house is not even technically on the market! (I'll explain more about that later if everything goes through.) So we'll see what happens. I think there will be some negotiation regarding the closing date but hopefully they will accept our offer! We should know by Friday and I really appreciate your prayers for peace and patience.

I told Eric and our realtor that I am being "guardedly optimistic" that things will work out. I don't want to get so set on the house that I'm as disappointed as the last time. (Thank you again for all those sweet comments--I am so touched by your encouragement and can't wait to share that #3--see above--is a reality!)

Father, help this be my prayer, especially this week in regards to the house:

All to Jesus, I surrender
All to Him I freely give
I will ever love and trust Him
In His presence daily live

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope these next few days of waiting fly by more quickly than you expect. Thanks for sharing -- thinking of you with love and prayers! Love, Mom

mer said...

Exciting news, Carrie! I will be praying for you guys.

Niki RuralWritings said...

Praying all goes according to your heart's desire!

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

I do hope this will work out for you! Keep us posted. It sounds like you have the right attitude no matter what the outcome!

Ewokgirl said...

I do hope this one works out for you.

You know what strikes me as odd? Whenever you post something of a religious nature, I've almost always read, sang, or studied the exact same thing. I found myself singing "I Surrender All" in the shower last night. I was struggling to remember the tune because it had been so many years since I'd heard it. And then you post the same song. That's twice this week!

justabeachkat said...

Oh Carrie, I so know what you're going through. It's hard being patient, I know. But I've learned from past experience that "what's meant to be, will be". We were so disappointed one time when our dream home contract fell through. We found out later about a problem and were so thankful that things happened the way they did. I know God looks out for us. I'll pray that the right thing happens for you.

Hugs!
Kat

Anonymous said...

Hi Carrie:

I am still praying that God will give you & Eric the RIGHT house at the RIGHT time! He is able!

Love you, Grandma

Rebecca said...

Carrie, I was the same way (cautiously optimistic) when we bought our house. Two days before closing, a document surfaced and unless some repairs were made, the VA would never pass it for inspecion. Our mortgage broker of all people came out and helped the sellers make a marathon day of repairs and it passed!! It was definately God and I share this with you to encourage you. God is so aware of your need and He has the perfect house ready and waiting for you!! Hang in there and keep praying.

Katie said...

Hey Carrie! Thanks for the update on the house hunt. I will continue praying!

~Katie

*Matthew 10:12-13*
(a little out of context, but I thought these verses might encourage you) :-)

Angela - Life w/ One Busy Boy said...

Oh patience is so hard. I'm praying for you!!

MyHeartIsAlwaysHome said...

I hope this works out for your family. I will be thinking of and praying for you!

Anonymous said...

My mom sang that song at our wedding! I find myself singing that song often. Love, your favorite next-door-neighbor

gail said...

carrie,
keep singing that song. surrender and trust--you hit it on the head. i'm having a hard time with our situation too, so your post is very encouraging to me. God is going before both of our moves and He is in control! hugs, gail

Hayley said...

Carrie,

Oh the joys of house hunting!! I know it all too well. I will pray that your offer goes through and that the previous owners are able to be out when you need them to be. What an exciting time for you and your family! I just love reading everything you share on this blog. I promise to drop my comments more often. You are truly an inspiration.

Hayley