Friday, May 9, 2008

Finals week

Well, final exams have just wrapped up here on our campus, which means we have somehow arrived at the end of the school year. This week has been full of "finals" for us:


*Eric's last official meetings with his colleagues

*Our last meal at the cafeteria

*Wrapping up discipline situations for the last time (he's thrilled about this one!)

*One final late night phone call regarding a student crisis

*An open house to celebrate Eric's work before he leaves

*Our last official time to host students for a picnic


I've gotten a little teary-eyed writing this post. (Can you tell I'm sentimental?!) Our lives here have been unconventional, yet so rich, and I am thankful for the time we've been directly part of this special place. I know we won't be far away, but it of course won't be the same. The time has come to move on . . . (It feels like being a senior all over again!)

5 comments:

Liisa said...

I always get teary when it comes to the end of a part of my life. Each time we move, each time one of my little monkeys moves on etc. etc. etc.

I wish you every happiness as you move on to the next season of your lives.

Blessings,
Liisa

Niki RuralWritings said...

But, how exciting! A curve in the road ahead...
Blessing to you and Eric as you forge ahead!

mer said...

I love that you're documenting this part of your journey on your blog! I'm a big believer in the importance of journaling seasons of change!

A, B & C said...

Moving and life changes are always hard, but they are also a great part of life. The new friends you make and new experiences you have are always worth it! Enjoy it and let yourself be sad and take time to get over it- you'll enjoy everything ahead even more.

Anonymous said...

This is a "graduation" of sorts for you and Eric -- and look what wonderful things have been part of your experience since your own graduation from college. I expect that will continue to be true in this new chapter of your lives. :)
Love you, Mom