Saturday, May 31, 2008

Scattered

Whew! What a week it's been. It feels so nice to actually sit down and chill for a bit. We are officially moved in! The main living areas are pretty well set-up, but several of the rooms have a long ways to go! One day at a time . . .

This week has been very physically, mentally, and emotionally demanding. Though we didn't move far, we have said many goodbyes in the past two weeks, as my husband's job at the college is officially over, and then we cleared everything out of the house where I first learned to be a wife and a mom. Also this week, some dear friends of ours moved across the country, and their moving day was the same as ours. Saying goodbye was even more difficult when we were all tired and overwhelmed! In addition, we said tearful farewells to family members who made the long drive to help us make this new house a home. (Love you, Mom, Dad and Ryan!)

My thoughts, just like my personal belongings, are pretty scattered tonight. I just wanted to check in, and let you know I'll be around soon, leaving comments, responding to e-mails and getting to my growing list of topics to write about!

7 comments:

kelseylynae said...

Carrie,

I'm glad the "big stuff" and the hard goodbyes are behind you. I am really excited for all the Lord has in store for the three of you as you begin this new season in your lives.

And just a quick update from my neck of the woods--I got an eighth grade position at a great school in Kentucky [more about this on my blog when you have the time]. Thanks for all your well wishes, prayers, and encouragement as I made my transition off of campus as well!

If you have a chance, pray for clear skies for us next Saturday :). Give Nathan hugs for me!

Mom said...

Dear Carrie, what a week it has been indeed! I'm thankful that we could be there with you during at least part of this transition. It will be fun to see the changes you've made the next time we are there! It was special to spend some time out on your new front porch on our last night there (even if it was cold)! Wishing you many blessings in your new home, Mom

Niki RuralWritings said...

Now the real fun begins! The stress of the move is over, the goodbye's have been said and you sound like you are pretty functional in your new home. So enjoy the process of turning it into your little nest...these are very special times in your life, Carrie.

Blessings,
Niki

Susan said...

Carrie,
I cannot wait to see all the new idea's you come up with in your new enviornment. Thanks for the encouragement for the half marathon. I finished it. I know it was nothing like your dads super marathon, but I finished:)

Amanda said...

Carrie,
I'm so glad to hear you are moved in. I remember the feeling in the last three moves we've had, of just feelings like things are settling. The work never seems to totally end in the beginning weeks, but I know you will be determined to make your house a home quickly. :)
Blessings.
Amanda

Angela - Life w/ One Busy Boy said...

Thinking of you during this time of transition!

Anonymous said...

LOVE THE POETRY OF SCATTERED THOUGHTS AND BELONGINGS, THOUGH
NOT THE REALITY OF IT.

LOVE,
DAD