Monday, June 30, 2008

Journeying: some updated thoughts

*A couple of months ago, I posted about needing to set some limits on the time I spent blogging. Taking Thursdays off has been a great decision for me. It was really tough at first, but now I find it's become a habit. Sometimes I've been tempted to check a blog on that day, but I just keep Bloglines closed so I won't know what I'm missing. =) It has made Fridays a little trickier because there are more posts to read, but it's still less clicking around than before. The timer is still a good tool for me, as well.


*I'd also posted in April about needing to be more consistent and intentional with quiet time. The move made beginning a new routine difficult, but now that we're settled, I've started having quiet time in the early mornings. It really is the best time for me, and I decided I just needed to make it happen. I still do some reading and journaling before bed, but I decided during my retreat that I wanted to do these 3 things before I started the rest of my day: read the Bible, spend some time in prayer, and think of someone that I want to specifically encourage that day.


*It's been harder to get in the habit of praying intentionally for my son. When praying for Eric, I use a little card that I've mentioned before, and that really helps me with what to pray. I recently printed something I found (via Joy's blog) about praying for our children, and
I've been using that in the morning to pray for Nathan.


Just wanted to share some updates as I continue on my journey . . .

6 comments:

MyHeartIsAlwaysHome said...

Finding quiet time for myself is one of the most difficult things for me. I am trying to make naptime a time to refresh and not to hurry and get housework done. I am glad you are finding something that works for you!

Katie said...

Thanks for sharing your heart and updates, Carrie. I, too, struggle with consistency in the areas you've mentioned. Your retreats have always really inspired me, and I like the way you spend time in the mornings thinking of one person to encourage that day ~ encouragement is surely a gift the Lord has blessed you with! As always, thanks for your tips ~ your posts really challenge me! :-) I will try to do a post on areas the Lord's working on me soon. Have a great week ~ I'll pray for a safe journey!

Blessings,
Katie
Hebrews 13:20-21

thehomespunheart said...

Thanks for the updates. I'm glad you are finding some things that work for you!

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

Thanks for the link to Joy's page. I am going to print that out!

A, B & C said...

I struggle in these areas as well and know it will be harder with two! Thanks for sharing your ideas. I hope you continue to find creative ways to make time for yourself.

mom said...

As always, I was glad to read these updates on what is going on in your life. :) An interesting thing is that the same day you posted this, we got something in the mail that included the list to pray for your children (or grandchildren!) on a handy tear-off card that fits perfectly in my Bible! :) Love you, Mom