Friday, August 29, 2008

Haven Swap show and tell!

It's so much fun putting a swap box together, and I love this part of sharing what I received and seeing all your wonderful goodies. Thanks to everyone who participated--overall, things went more smoothly this time around!

My swap partner, Leanne, put together, a lovely box for me. Here is what she sent:
Two green gingham napkins, Hallmark magazine, hot chocolate mix, Purdue t-shirt (I'm wearing it as I type this--fits perfectly, although I had to remind Leanne I married a man from Michigan!!), wall plaque ("This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it."), birdhouse dishtowel, vanilla caramel tea, cute notecards, and a Martha Stewart snowflake punch.


One of my favorite things in the box was this little sign that says "happiness is homemade"--I've had a red hook hanging in my kitchen and didn't know what to put with it, until now! Here is what I sent Leanne:

Stickers because she loves to scrapbook, mini notecards, fair trade chocolate, a twig candle, pear-shaped kitchen timer, welcome sign for her apple-themed kitchen, striped dishtowels, stoneware cream and sugar set, and a photo of a street sign with her last name (which Monica and I came across on our trip in southern Illinois!)


Now it's your turn to share--please link directly to your swap post. Thanks!

14 comments:

Angela - Life w/ One Busy Boy said...

Great stuff!! Thanks for hosting the swap.

Wendi said...

Love all of the goods. Even though I am an Indiana girl I would have a hard time wearing the Purdue shirt! hehe Thanks for hosting another wonderful swap!

Michelle said...

Oh, I left Monica's blog link as mine... apparently it didn't work when I copied my own link, and I didn't notice until it was submitted. Now I don't know how to change it! The right one is http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/JandRlearnathome/582008/ Thanks!

~Michelle

Nicol said...

How fun! I haven't received my box yet, hopefully today!

Ticia said...

That is awesome I used to do something like this with my rubber stamping friends.

Danielle said...

Wonderful boxes! I especially like the birdhouse dishtowel:-)

Melody said...

Everything looks wonderful. Thanks for letting me participate. :)

Tracy said...

Thanks for hostessing the swap. As always, it was fun!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for hosting this swap. It was so much fun. :o)
I do not have a blog to post pictures of my box from Lura, but I loved everthing she sent me. I so enjoyed making a new friend.
Blessings,
~Yvette- in Fl

Mom2fur said...

So many cute things, but the sugar and creamer are my favorites!

Deeapaulitan said...

I'm Late to the party! sorry! We're in the midst of vacation prep and it slipped my mind until I was about to crawl between the sheets tonight.

Liisa said...

Hi Carrie!
I just wanted to let you know that you have been awarded the Smile Award!

Your blog has been a real blessing to me!

You've Been Awarded...
THE SMILE AWARD's rules are:

1. The recipient must link back to the awards creator (http://thebabblingsofmere.blogspot.com/2008/07/smile-award_11.html)
2. You must post these rules if you receive the award.
3. You must choose 5 people to receive the award after receiving it yourself.
4. You must fit the characteristics of the recipient of the award (see below.)
5. You must post the characteristics of a recipient.
6. You must create a post sharing your win with others.
7. You must thank your giver. (s)

Characteristics for the Smile Award:
1. Must display a cheerful attitude. (not necessarily at all times--we are all human).
2. Must love one another.
3. Must make mistakes.
4. Must learn from other.
5. Must be a positive contributor to blog world.
6. Must love life.
7. Must love kids.


Blessings,
Liisa

Abbey said...

What fun! Thanks again to you two for organizing it!

Nicol said...

Sorry for being so late at posting pics! I had a great time!