Monday, August 4, 2008

Having returned home

Whew. Nathan and I have driven over 3000 miles in 3 weeks, and I am tired. It has been wonderful to see family, but I am quite happy to be home now and to stay here for awhile. At this point, I have no *big* trips planned until Christmas.


Until I have a chance to sort through photos, here are some random thoughts:


*There were 324 posts in my Bloglines when I first checked in yesterday. I can't bring myself to hit "that" button, but I am skimming my way through in hopes of getting caught up. I thought about sending out a memo that says all bloggers should vacation at the same time--that way no one misses anything. =)


*Yikes! Have any of you ever been here? I was totally unprepared for the noise, crowds, and overall boisterousness of the place. Nathan was so overwhelmed he spent most of the time there in tears.


*My husband rocks. He knew I'd be tired after the drive home, as well as NINE days of being away from him, and he planned Saturday night supper and Sunday dinner. Bless that man. Who knew mashed potatoes could taste so good?! He also managed to find the *best* sweet corn around--it's called Kandy Korn and I seriously could have eaten several ears. Wish I could send you each a bundle.


*Usually when we get home from a trip, we unload everything into the living room and then I don't know where to start, looking at the mountain of bags. This time, I took just one or two items from the car at a time, unpacked them and then went back for more. It felt less overwhelming than usual, which was nice.


*While I was gone, I gained a new nephew. Can't wait to meet you, sweet Zachary!

I hope to be back with vacation pix tomorrow--see you soon! I had several new commenters while I was away and I can't wait to stop by your blogs! (And Jenny V, I'm so glad you loved the monster bar recipe!)

13 comments:

Katie said...

Welcome home Carrie!! :-) Looking forward to hearing about your travels! You know, it's so funny you bring up the "PumpItUp" party ~ my son was invited to one for this Saturday ~ but he actually can't make it as I'll be at work that day. We've never been to one, but it looks/sounds like it would be an action-packed time! Well have a wonderful week! Take a breather! :-)

MyHeartIsAlwaysHome said...

Welcome Home! I am glad that you had a nice time.

Melody said...

Traveling is so exhausting. It always seems like I need a vacation to recover from my vacation. We just had some Kandy Korn on Saturday night. My brother lives in northern Iowa and brought it down for my sister's birthday party.

It is always nice when somebody else takes care of dinner. :)

mom said...

Dear Carrie, we are thankful for your safe travel and the wonderful time we had together! Way to go, Eric, for preparing meals for your travel-weary wife! :) Wish I could have some of that good sweet corn! Love you, Mom

Liisa said...

Glad to see you are back and had a wonderful time!

Blessings,
Liisa

Angela - Life w/ One Busy Boy said...

Welcome home!

Amy said...

Welcome back- I missed you terribly! Congrats on your new nephew and now I am officially craving a corn I can't have!

Hope you have time to get caught up!! Hugs!!

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

Congrats on your new nephew! I can understand why Nathan was overwhelmed at PIU, but give him a year or two. He'll be in there screaming and bouncing with the rest of them. :)

kelseylynae said...

I can just picture Nathan being overwhelmed by "Pump It Up"-- I don't think it will take too much longer though before he'll be throwing himself all over the place there!
:) Glad you made it home safely!

How are you feeling as the college begins to come back to life?

Mom2fur said...

Welcome Home! I've never been to that particular 'kiddie' place, but Chuck E. Cheese was bad enough. I'm glad I'm way past that stage...I didn't like the noise and crowds either, but the kids did, LOL!

Niki RuralWritings said...

Welcome Home Carrie! We did a approx 10,000 KM road trip this summer, so I know how you're feeling! enjoy being at home
Niki

Amy A. said...

What a great unpacking idea! I'll use that one on our next trip.

I was glad to see you today! I'm glad we will be able to keep up with one another on the blogs.

A, B & C said...

Welcome home... can't wait to see the pictures!