Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Home improvement, part 1

It's going to take me awhile to share all of the house projects we've been working on, but I know my family especially is anxious to see some photos. These first two projects were completed in July.

Some of you commented awhile back on our cute eat-in kitchen. It was cute, but there is a separate dining room, and what we needed in our kitchen was more counter and storage space. After much deliberation, we settled on this, and I am loving it. I'm including a pic of the other side of the kitchen to show that we doubled my work space, which is awesome!

Secondly, we have no backyard and wanted to create more of a private space for our dog to roam and for Nathan to have a more contained place to play. Eric (and friends) did a great job putting up this fence! (It will be painted white at some point.) Note: Our grass looks terrible, a combination of no rain and tons of sawdust from my father-in-law's projects.
So there's the first installment of our home improvements. More to come next week.

11 comments:

thehomespunheart said...

I'm glad I got to see your kitchen this way when I was there! And, the fence looks great - two very good improvements to your lovely home!

mom said...

Wow -- these are great improvements! Good job, Eric (and friends)! You really did add quite a lot of storage and counter space to your kitchen, and Reggie looks happy in the yard. :) Love, Mom

Wendi said...

Wonderful improvements! I find you can never have too much storage space in the kitchen. A fence is on my wish list. Great job!

Melody said...

The improvements look great. You can never have too much counter space.

Ewokgirl said...

I don't blame you for wanting more workspace in your kitchen! That was a good move, and it looks really nice. Cute fence (and dog), too!

Debbie J. said...

Your finished projects look really good! I know you will enjoy them. Don't you just love to stand and look at newly finished projects. I'm like that when I finish deep cleaning an area.

Mary Ann said...

Looks great! I know you will really enjoy the extra counter space!

Angela - Life w/ One Busy Boy said...

Looks great and cute dog!!

Amanda said...

I love the fence and the cabinets, both great improvements! And congrats on the new job. I'm so happy for you. :) I look forward to more pictures.

A, B & C said...

Very nice! I love the fence and can't wait to see it white. Keep the improvement pictures coming.

Jamie said...

Love the fence! Can I ask where did you buy it? I would love to get a fence but it seems like the options that look cute are too expensive! I never wanted a fence until having a toddler...I think you understand.